Osgide® 30X40 mm
Membrana bioresorbabila de colagen – OsGide
Osgide® is a bioresorbable barrier membrane for use in guided tissue regeneration (GTR) and guided bone regeneration (GBR).
In periodontal bone defects, the membrane creates a protected environment for bone regeneration in the defect area and supports osteoneogenesis by presenting a barrier to the infiltration (migration) of soft tissue and promotes the growth of osteogenic cells in the bony defect.
Osgide® is a high purity membrane which is manufactured from porcine starting materials under controlled and standardized conditions. It consists of a fiber network of collagen and elastin fibers, which prevents the migration of bone graft material and has very high mechanical stability.
Osgide® can be easily secured with pins, if necessary, and a tension–free closure of the mucosa can be obtained. The surface textures of membranes demonstrate an influence on the morphology of the adherent cells.4
Because of an optimized technical manufacturing process the Osgide® membrane combines the following benefits:
- High therapeutic safety in virtue of a reliably longer barrier function of up to 16 weeks 1
- Excellent tissue integration, since Osgide® is not chemically wetted and therefore has very good biological and cellular compatibility
- Excellent plasticity
- High tensile strength/mechanical stability
- Dimensional stability, even in the wetted state
- Ideal combinability with a wide range of bone grafting materials
- Easy and reliable use
- Guided tissue regeneration (GTR)
- Guided bone regeneration (GBR)
Critical-The reliable barrier Function! :
Osgide®is a bioresorbable membrane that eliminates a second surgical procedure for removing the membrane. With resorbable membranes, the stability of the membrane versus degradation is of considerable significance. A number of studies in the literature demonstrate that in the unwetted collagen membranes the barrier function is only guaranteed for a short period, 2,3 and can vary significantly. Therefore, high priority was placed on reproducible high stability during the development of Osgide®. Due to the slowed biodegradation of Osgide®, the membrane’s barrier function is not prematurely interrupted but is preserved for 12 to 16 weeks.